The simple version
All About You is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from May 2018.
- - Our cookies collect anonymous statistics about your visit such as which of our pages you viewed, when and for how long.
- - Some 3rd parties such as Facebook and Twitter may also know you visited this website, if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
- - If you submit a form containing any of your personal details such as name, telephone number or an email address, we take great care to keep it safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- - We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
These are just the key points. If you need detail, keep reading.
Measuring our visitors
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We measure visitors to our website using services such as Google Analytics. They record what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and other basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- - Internal record keeping
- - We may use the information to improve our products and services
- - We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
These precautions include:
- - Our server hardware stored in secured datacentres behind firewalls
- - All access to information restricted by password
- - Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to All About You, 66 Thorley Hill, Bishop Stortford, CM23 3NA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.